The Abel Tasman is New Zealands smallest national park, with 23,000 hectares and 52km of coastal walks to be explored. With its forested coastline, golden beaches, beautiful bays & coves, this is a great place to explore, either on your own, or with a guide. Whether you want to cruise, walk, kayak or just relax on a beach, the options are endless!
Walking / Hiking
– Whether you have just a few hours or a few days, there are lots of options to choose from.
– Kayak the cystal clear waters and explore the spectacular coastline, with the chance of hopefully seeing fur seals, dolphins or shy little blue penguin.
– Water taxis based at Marahau & Kaiteriteri provide scheduled year round services allowing you to combine a scenic cuise & walk option.
18 Hole Golf Course
– The Motueka 18 hole golf course is only a 5 minute walk from here. It it located by the seafront and is playable all year round. Golf clubs and carts are available for hire from the pro-shop. Anyone, at any level, is welcome.
– Along the seafront and around the scenic estuary walkway.
– Explore some of the recently completed Great Taste Trail or Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park
State Cinema & Gecko Theatre
Sky Dive, Pilot a Stunt Plane, take a scenic ride in a Microlight.
– Take a 4WD Tour along Farewell Spit, visit Wharariki Beach, Pupu Springs or catch a Salmon at Anatoki Salmon Farm.
– Visit the local art & craft shops or take a 5 minute ferry crossing over to to Rabbit Island for either a walk or cycle ride.
Nelson / Richmond area
– Visit Nelson for a shopping spree, go the WOW museum, have lunch at a Winery, 10 Pin Bowling, Aquatic Center ( swimming pool ) and much more !